CITIBANK FINTECH ACCELERATOR PROGRAM HEXANIKA own “Scalable Product” Award
BANK’S PROGRAM OBJECTIVE
CitiBank’s (Citi) Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) invited FinTechs to compete for delivery of solutions to their TTS clients spread across Australia, China and Korea. There were 3 high-level themes and 9 problems statements aiming to cover the following three objectives:
- Open Banking Solutions
- Seamless Payments & Collections
- Data Empowerment
The objective of this program to identify a robust product and awarded a project.
PROBLEM TO ADDRESS: DESIGNABLE AUTO-COMPLIANCE
Hexanika became the finalist to address Designable Auto-Compliance challenge with a solution to identify new and changing regulatory requirements from time to time shared by Central Bank of China for cross-border payment transfers. More specifically, in this project, Citi was looking to address the following challenges:
- Evolving Regulatory Changes – Edit existing rules in minutes
- Automated Compliance Scrutiny – With pre-built rules for combination of Articles for faster completion of each FX payment request
- Longer Time For Processing – Reduction of manual process by integrating OCR based reading of the forms
- Non-Integrated Systems – Flexible input & output streams based on various API integration to ensure data passes through as seamlessly as possible.
HEXANIKA used it’s Data Management platform and Regulatory solution to address Citi’s challenges in a Simple, Smart and Efficient way.
- Flexible & Easy Configuration For Local Regulatory Change: Not just a support to Chinese simplified local support; but also, for flexibility to change the implemented rules in the system to change in short amount of time with minimum clicks. SmartJoin has it. Drag-n-drop rule builder can help develop newer rules & edit existing ones in minutes. OCR capabilities will allow Citi to bring in signed forms quickly in to the system for FX payment processing needs.
- Automated Compliance Scrutiny: A robust & automated scrutiny offered by Hexanika allows Citi to design-once-use-forever set of rules to automate their FX payment clients. SmartJoin strong lineage capabilities further allows Citi to ensure traceability of transactions.
- Potential Integration With Global Compliance Systems: HEXANIKA tools offer a number of reporting and output structures extremely flexible for downstream systems to integrate. CSV and JSON are provided as per the need. Also, all the rules use XMLs so that an easy interchange is feasible.
Great Opportunities Ahead
With this selection, HEXANIKA has won the chance to implement Auto-Compliance system for Citi’s Treasury & Trade Solutions’ FX Payments. HEXANIKA has a unique offering of a readymade solution which can be quickly configured for faster realisation for Citi’s vision of reducing manual steps.